RC Modelers Club - Ravenna, Ohio
AMA Charter Club #1753
You are Visitor:
NEW CONTACT INFO FOR 2020
Ravenna Thunderbirds R/C Club, Inc.
Field Rules Updated September, 2016
1. ALL FLYERS will have a current AMA membership card and club card in their possession
2. ALL FYERS shall be registered with the FAA and must have their FAA registration number
affixed to each aircraft they fly.
3. Everyone will be properly certified by club approved instructors before soloing (flying by
themselves), this does not include guests (with AMA cards) when accompanied by a certified
club member. Club members are responsible for actions of their guests.
4. Hours of flying are: 8:00 am till dusk ( electrics only )
10:00 am till dusk ( all aircraft )
5. No alcoholic beverages are permitted at the field.
6. No spectators are permitted in the pit area, unless escorted by an AMA member. Children are
NOT permitted beyond spectator area without an AMA card.
7. Transmitter channel numbers and flags will be displayed while flying. Pilot is required to get
frequency pin before turning on transmitter, and then return it when done flying. Possession of
frequency pin gives pilot absolute use of channel at the field. All transmitters shall be impounded
during all club events.
8. If by turning on your transmitter without pin, you cause another aircraft that is flying on the same
channel to crash, you are responsible to replace everything that is damaged in that crash, up to
and including the aircraft.
9. There will be absolutely NO driving of any vehicle on the runway.
10. There will be absolutely no flying behind the flight line, over the pit area or over the parking area
(see attached field maps). All flyers must yield right of way to full scale aircraft at all times.
11. With the exception of takeoff and landings, no powered model may be flown closer than 25
feet to any person.
12. Pit area is for parking aircraft, starting, testing and run up of engines. Also all aircraft will be
adequately restrained when the engine is being started, or while it is running.
13. Pilots will announce, "landing", "dead stick", "on the field", or "taking off" to advise other pilots
of his intentions. Pilots must give right of way to any other pilot who has announced any of the
14. No taxiing of aircraft back into pit area, engine to be shut off at drainage ditch. Taxiing away
from the pit is permitted.
15. An effective muffler will be used on all engines .09 CI and up.
16. Non members can fly (with buddy box) one time without AMA membership. Non members
with AMA cards can fly as a guest when accompanied by a current member.
17. No flying while the runway is being mowed.
18. Potential instructors should be viewed by at least two other instructors and then decided upon.
(See instructor list)
19. The discharge of firearms as a method of retrieving airplanes from trees is prohibited.
20. Jetway Only: A Spotter is Now Required for STUDENT PILOTS only. When a full scale aircraft
is spotted step back from the runway immediately. If time permits, land immediately, and clear the
runway OR Place your aircraft in a low, slow, tight circle, away from the runway.
21. Flying at Diamond Hill Park is permited sevent days a week, all day. However, as per city requirements,
all pilots MUST yeild to Hotstove baseball activity. If there are any cars parked on the field to the west of
field, or if there is anyone practicing there, you are not permited to fly! Pilots are to have city use permit
with them when they fly. Failure to follow these requirements will result in disiplinary action as outlined
22. Absolutely no flying southwest (toward the Hot Stove Ball Fields) of a line of sight from the
pilot to the single tree at the west end of the runway. Also there should be no flying south of the
runway between the backstops. (DSO)*.
23. Grievance procedure for enforcement of violations of Field Rules, and the AMA Safety Code.
The grievance procedure will provide a mechanism for a disciplinary system when needed.
Although most complaints can be resolved informally, if a complaint is serious or cannot be
resolved informally the matter should be referred to the Board for its consideration by means of
a grievance form to be filled out and turned into a member of the Board. The Board consists of
the President, Vice-President, Secretary/Treasurer, and the Three Trustees. At least one
witness is required to sign the Grievance form. If the Board agrees with the Grievance, then the
accused will lose flying privileges as follows:
FIRST VIOLATION: The viewpoint of both complainants and accused will be considered.
The board will give a written warning.
SECOND VIOLATION: The accused has the right to a written rebuttal, to be reviewed by the
Board. The accused will have no flying privileges for a month.
THIRD VIOLATION: The accused will have no flying privileges for one year.
If a member chooses to fly during his/her loss of flying privileges, as noted above, it will result in
automatic termination of club membership, and forfeiture of club dues. A member who has had
his membership terminated can rejoin after one year. Violations to cover a twelve month period.
*DSO: Diamond Street Only